Tuesday, August 9, 2011

BEDA 9: mainstream music

Nine times out of ten, if you're with me when I'm in my car I have my i-pod plugged into my stereo.  I've come to a conclusion this summer that I seriously have an issue with mainstream music.  I've been thinking about my dislikes for main stream music for a few months now, but it has become extremely evident this summer, especially the last couple of weeks.

My biggest problem with mainstream music is pretty simple.  Repeating the same twenty songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over get my drift? again.  I don't know if it's just the local stations around here that do it or if it happens every where else, but it really gets on my nerves.  I don't know how many times in the last two weeks I've heard Super Bass by Nicki Minaj and though I kind of like the song, I really don't care to listen to it thirty times in one day.

I feel like main stream music is just the same artists all. the. time. Most of my music comes from artists that I've found of YouTube. And I have to admit, that on a whole, YouTuber artists are by far a lot better than the artists I've been hearing on the radio around here.  I think another part of why I like YouTuber artists more is the fact that you can tell that music is truly their passion and that they care for their fans.  Yeah it's probably rough being a YouTuber artist some times, but they have the passion for what they do that keeps them going, and that in itself is really inspiring.  If you can continue to do something you love even when you're not the richest person around or have everything in the entire world and still feel such much emotion about you do, you're a genuine artist. 

Now with this being said, I'm not hating on all the popular artists out there who we can hear any time on the radio.  They all bring something to the world of music, but sometimes I can't help but think "They're in it only for the money and fame."  I mean, it's just how I think about it.  Does anyone else share the same feelings, or other thoughts? I'd love to hear them.

days until graduation: 283

1 comment:

Galvestini said...

I know what you mean. That's why I don't listen to the radio anymore, except only one station which is broadcasted in my native language (Iban) because they're the only station that does not simply repeat the same song over and over and over and over again.