Friday, August 19, 2011

BEDA 19: team bonding

Today was day one of Old Settlers, and my God, this has to be the hottest one to date. It was miserable out there, but it was extremely worth it and wasn't as bad as it could have been if it wasn't for the fact that our National Forensics League team was all in it together.  We had a freaking awesome time.

This is the first year we've had a booth at Old Settlers, we decided to finally do it this year to help fundraise for our traveling tournaments during both debate and forensics seasons.  While other booths were selling jewlery, or baked goods, we were letting people pie teachers in the face for a mere $3. Let me tell you, it's extremely fun.

I didn't even have to work a shift today at the NFL booth, but I had absolutely nothing better to do then finish up my reading assignment I decided not to do last night that isn't due until Monday, so I walked downtown. And then eventually ended up staying the rest of the day. I was happy I did, it was extremely fun just to sit around and hang out with the team and watch students pie teachers in the face. Plus, I let my good friend Lizzy, who I mentored last year when she was a freshman for our thespian club, pie me in the face.  She decided to add honey to the whip cream pie. The worst part about it was that she pied me at seven,and I didn't get to shower until about ten thirty, letting all that honey that ended up in my hair just sit in my mane and getting sticker than anything you could imagine in the hot sun.  But it was so definitely worth it.

Today was awesome because: I got to pie my debate/forensics coach in the face. He told me it was declaring war, but it was worth it. I mean, how often do you get the chance to pie your coach?

days until the fall musical: 58
days until I become an adult: 140
days until graduation: 273
steps taken today: 13,751+

No comments: