Monday, August 8, 2011

BEDA 8: bucket list, part one

Since nothing remotely exciting happened today, I thought I'd share some items from my bucket list and kind of explain them a bit.


  • learn how to swim: I once knew how to swim, it was quite a long time ago.  But when things went down hill when I was eight with my hip, I just couldn't swim because my hip and muscles surrounding my hip wouldn't allow it.  But now, after having my hip replaced, I want to learn how to swim because A) it's a good physical therapy tool and B) I have this weird phobia of water.  I have no problem getting into the lake, as long as my feet can touch and my head still be above water.  Same goes for pools.  I for the first time in June got into a paddle boat with my best friends, I did it because I wanted to fish, and because I needed to conquer the fear that I felt I was going to get tipped over and drown. It's quite hard to explain, but I just really want to learn how to swim so I can conquer this weird phobia and enjoy life even more.
  • learn how to ride a bike: this one is actually in progress, my best friend who conveniently lives right down the street, started teaching me how to ride a bike earlier this summer.  I have full faith that I can do it, it's just my hip muscles aren't used to the motions and my balance is still quite off since surgery.  I can't even remember exactly for sure or not if I could ride a bike...
  • travel through/to all 50 states in the U.S.: I seriously love this country so terribly much.  Besides enjoying to travel, I want to be able to see all of our country in it's righteous state.  It's just not the same looking at photos or videos of places then actually being there yourself in person and seeing it for yourself.
  • be a published author: I don't think I'll ever really have a career in life as an author, but with my love of history, it'd be really neat to have just one book published of mine that I could feel proud of.  Even if it's one of those books that teachers assign to students and they end up hating every last page of it.  I think it'd be rather interesting to see the process behind it all.
  • compete in a fishing tournament: I love to watch fishing tournaments, because I love fishing, obviously.  And I'd love to give a tournament a go, but only once I really learn some more of the sport. I do it just for fun, not as an actual sport.  It's just something I've always wanted to do, and something that wouldn't take any protests from any of my family.
I've never actually sat down and add on things to my bucket list...because I don't have a written copy of it.  It's all basically in my head.  And there's plenty more to the list, maybe to share another BEDA day when nothing exciting has happened.

Until tomorrow.

days until graduation: 284

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like some good goals. I'm trying to learn how to ride a bike again too!