Friday, August 5, 2011

BEDA 5: five long hours

About 2:30 this afternoon my internet went all weird on me.  Now this isn't anything new; every once in a while I have to mess with my internet connection and then it goes back to normal and life goes on.  This afternoon though, I messed with every button I knew that would normally fix it...and then one I shouldn't have pressed.  I don't know how I manged to do it, but I managed to disconnect all possible ways to connect my laptop to the internet.  I was literally freaking out to the point where I wasn't even cursing but just banging my hands on my desk, I was basically in a speechless fury.

My mom came home at a bit after three and after she listened to me rant and rave about my laptop and the internet being stupid again she told me that the Mulvane area of Cox communications was completely out.  She only knew this because of the nursing home she works at was completely phone-less AND internet-less.  I was relieved that it was an area thing not just my laptop that was down.

But I still had the problem of accidentally hitting that button I should have just left alone because I didn't know the function of it to deal with.  After spending a good thirty minutes or so messing around, if figured out how to reset my computer systems back a few days which I hoped would also reset the button I pressed *guilty eyes* and thankfully it did.

My dad came in for dinner with mom and I and we had a good time joking and laughing.  And I successfully got dad to take me fishing tomorrow morning.  So overall I think it was a good evening with my parents.  I was sent out to go get worms since we're leaving at 5:30 in the morning to get to the lake before sunrise so we can fish when it's not nearly as hot as out as it would be if we went any later.

It's amazing when the only thing I was holding was my little box of worms and three different people asked me if I was going fishing.  I smiled and told them we were going in the morning bright and early, though I really wanted to say something along the lines of "Nah, I just buy worms for fun." *head desk* I don't know why people think it's odd that a teenage girl goes to buy worms that means she's going fishing, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?

Anyway, thankfully, by the time I finally got back home from getting worms, the Cox communications system was back up.  I only knew this because my mom was back on her laptop after she had abandoned it earlier because she couldn't play her FaceBook games.

Out of my busy day the thing I was most worried about was not being able to make my BEDA post...and now I can rest easy for the rest of the night and sleep well tonight knowing that I've survived day 5 of BEDA.

No comments: