Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BEDA 23: random words and thoughts and stuff

I have a presentation to give tomorrow in my business class, it's just the run of the mill beginning of semester stuff, where it all relates to the person giving the presentation.  We have all these requirements for the power point, and one of the slides I labeled was "important dates".  I had thought long and hard about including this slide in my presentation because I obviously put February 14th down for when I had my hip replaced.  I don't mind getting up and presenting something to a group of people, I mean, I debate and perform, so that's not what I'm worried about.  Actually I don't know why I feel like I'm worried; but I debated with myself whether or not to include the slide because explaining my hip requires a lot of talk, and I don't want to bore people; but at the same time, I feel like I need to share this piece of information because it IS  apart of me and who I am.

In other news, I've been playing Still Got Legs so often, especially in my car, that Marcella has had Kiss the Girl stuck in her head for a couple of days now. I feel rather accomplished, considering that there were a couple of other songs, like Snape vs Snape by Ministry of Magic and Mrs. Nerimon by ALL CAPS that I got stuck in her head over the summer.  She told me this morning on the drive to school that I'm slowly converting her to become a non-main stream music listener. I laughed. I mean, I only listen to main stream music when we're hanging out.

I'm still feeling pretty confident about keeping up with my homework.  It's amazing how good it feels to actually be doing legitimate homework again.  I wish I could have had this feeling the last three years so my grades wouldn't have ended up so crappy.

I've come up with a couple of blogging projects for the next couple of months, so I can slowly ease out of blogging every day, but yet at the same time, still blog. I fear that once BEDA is over that I'll just stop blogging for a long period of time and forget about it, and I'm determined not to let that happen.  I'll share what I have in store for next month when we get closer to the start of September.

In civics today, I managed to take a nap during the lecture/video and still take over detailed notes. +45 points

Oh, we had our school photos today.  Was a pain in the butt, but that was because I refused to dress up nice for the entire day, so I had to do a lot of extra walking so I could go change to be presentable and then go back to change back into my sweats. I think that the photos ended up well though, we should be getting the proofs sometime later this fall.

And, of course, if you saw my tweets from earlier this evening when I was working on homework, you would see one about note taking...my earth space science teacher wants notes taken in a certain way, which is really a pain to do when you've got your own specific way you take notes, especially if it's a lot more efficient. So, not happy about that, but I completed the reading and notes; I had no other choice.

Meh, random, out of place blog, completed. Like it's titled, it's just random words and thoughts and stuff.

Today was awesome because: My best friend is back state side after his long trip to Africa. I can't wait to see him when he finally gets into town.

days until the fall musical: 54
days until I become an adult: 136
days until graduation: 270
steps taken today: unknown, because the pants I wore today the pedometer doesn't stay on the waist band, so I put in my pockets, and it only counted 162 steps. ):

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I don't think I would ever hear main stream music if my husband didn't listen to it in his car.