Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Zen Moment of the Day: History

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I really love history.  Last semester the history class that seniors are required to take, civics, wasn't anything I'd like to do again.  In reality it wasn't the class itself, but how it was taught that me struggle through the semester.  This semester, I have to history classes, T (United States Topics, deals with U.S. history from the end of World War II to present day; this is the other required senior history class) and AS (American Studies, junior history course that I have to retake from missing it last year when I was out for surgery); both of them are fantastic, mostly because of having the same teacher that cares not only about his students but about helping them learn.

As I sat here and finished my assignment from Monday to turn in for T, I realized that when I'm working on my history assignments I'm completely relaxed.  I have no problem reading from a textbook and answering analytic questions about events that took place.  Maybe I have too much of having no problem doing it, I tend to have at least one page longer in all my assignments because I elaborate so much on everything.

There's something about being completely indulged in what I'm reading that I just naturally relax.  It's really nice, especially since I've been ill and have been stressing about getting caught up in my other classes, it's nice to be able to just lose myself in one or in this case two classes and enjoy myself.

Link of the day: Quote of the Day I love reading the QotD on GoodReads. Since I don't know if this will continue to link directly to this specific quote I'm going to type it out.

"After all, reading is arguably a far more creative and imaginative process than writing; when the reader creates emotion in their head, or the colors of the sky during the setting sun, or smell of a warm summer's breeze on their face, they should reserve as much praise for themselves as they do for the writer - perhaps more."
~ Jasper Fforde

days until 01/15/12: 4
days until Valentine's Day: 34
days until graduation: 128


No comments: