Wednesday, January 4, 2012

bucket list: part three

I was going to introduce my new blog series that will begin 16th today but by the time I finished up my homework, spent some quality time with my parents and the dogs and checked my e-mail I got extremely tired.  So instead, I'm giving you another installment to my bucket list, a couple of these might be a bit weird and/or surprising I think...


  • explore Pompeii Ever since I watched the episode of Destination Truth when they went to Pompeii and investigated I've really wanted to go there.  This is mainly because of the nerdiness I have with history and with the simple fact that I find the history of Pompeii exciting and interesting. I do admit, I forgot about my fascination with Pompeii until today when we started talking about volcanoes in my Earth Space Science class.
  • see a Broadway show I remember back in middle school when my friend and I bet each other who would end up performing on Broadway first. And then five years later we're both going in completely different routes.  Moral of story, I've always been interested in shows on Broadway, mainly from my love of theatre and catchy show tunes.
  • visit every American Legion Post My parents have told me several times over the course of my life time that within 24 hours of my birth I was at the Mulvane Post. I have literally spent most of my life in that building and devoting everything I have to it.  We have a collection of license plate tags from other posts in the nation, and it's always got me asking questions about other posts since the only one I've ever really been around is the Mulvane one.  This is a large feat, considering there are hundreds in the nation and a few over seas as well.  I want to do it though, and bring something back from each one; just to say that I've done it.  Plus, it'd give me an opportunity to meet new veterans and learn their stories.
Link of the Day: American Legion I'm sure that their site can answer more questions on what we do than I can. Or at least to a greater degree.

Also, this is just a side note, but next month I could get inducted into the American Legion Auxiliary officially. I won't be a Junior Auxiliary member anymore. I can't believe I'm growing up.

No comments: