Thursday, January 12, 2012

by myself

It's official; I've been internally freaking out this afternoon about this weekend.  What's so important this weekend you might be asking; well I'll tell you.  I'm visiting my college by myself for the first time and staying over night too.  Why am I freaking out? Because this is the first time I've done something like this, purposefully putting myself in a position where I'm going to meet a bunch of new people all at once and not know anyone when I get there.  I'm a friendly person, but when I'm by my own in situations like these, I get oddly shy.

Don't get me wrong, I feel comfortable about making the 45 minute journey, though it might be longer than that considering the weather, down to Winfield but the fact that I'm doing it all alone.  It's not even that, but in the greater picture it's showing that I'm finally growing up and going off to do these things by myself.

After all these years I've been wanting to get out and do things on my own, go meet new people I'm getting the chance to do that before I'm thrown into that situation every single day in the future.

In a way it's kind of frightening, thinking that in a couple of days I'm going to be meeting people that I'll be working alongside of for the next few years.  I still can't wrap my head around the idea of what this weekend will bring me.

I'm sure though, as my mom as told me several times, that things will be just fine.  I believe her, because things work themselves out in one way or another.

Link of the day: 750words.com I started using this site last night, just to help me brainstorm on the Secret Book and I find it really simple and easy to use and it keeps track of everything you write and has a special statistics page that I just love, and it keeps all your writing private.

days until 01/15/12: 3
days until Valentine's Day: 33
days until graduation: 127

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You'll do great!