Monday, January 2, 2012

things in 2012

I didn't realize it until a few days ago, but 2012 has a lot of things that will be happening throughout the year.

18th birthday: January 7th is the day. It's extremely close, which is kind of scary; I get to vote and I also have the potential to be summoned for jury duty. What's not to love? I have a twisted sense of humor I know.


One year anniversary: Febuary 14th will mark my one year anniversary of my hip replacement.  I'm still kind of shocked that it's been so long. I can't wait to see my surgeon that afternoon and share my adventures of the year.

Mystery Dinner Theatre: More details later...maybe. Just know that I'm freaking excited.

Prom: Yeah it's senior year, but I'm still not ready to think about prom yet.

Spring Play: The Three Muskateers, including stage combat, yes I'm auditioning; even if I don't get cast I'm still working on that show some way or another. I'm not passing this up.

Graduation: May 19th, 137 days to go. I just don't even know...

Family Reunion: Can't wait to see the entire family in June, I just pray that it's not as hot as last year and that we have no more water slide incidents.

New Orleans Gathering with church: A massive gathering of high school students from all across the nation in one place doing awesome and embracing God in July...in New Orleans... First time for a lot of things on this trip, and I can't wait to spend an entire week with the girls I've had the awesome opportunity to meet and bond with over the last five years.

Kansas Veterans Family Reunion: Also in July, but if I'm thinking right this is the weekend after I get back from New Orleans.  Get to hopefully be camping out at the lake and get to meet veterans from all over the state and the mid-west who have served for our country.

College: I have nothing much to say about this yet, not until we hit May 19th at least.

NaNoWriMo: Haven't completely decided if I'm going to do it this year or not since I'm working on The Secret Book project and everything...we'll have to see.

I definitely have a lot to look forward to in 2012.  After a slow year as I went through a lot of changes in my life and learned that I had more strength in me than I gave myself credit for, I'm sure that this year will just fly by.

Link of the day: Internet Age I've listened to it only once because our internet connection is slow and YouTube loads painfully slow, but it's so incredibly catchy and I just love the music and the video.  I really wish I could make it to the Dial Up Tour.

days until Senior Year Part 2 begins: 2
days until I become an adult: 5
days until graduation: 137

1 comment:

SM said...

I LOVE Jason! :)
I wish I could go to the Dial Up tour as well :P