Sunday, January 22, 2012

interesting days

When I said earlier that you might not see much of me until spring, I didn't realize how true that statement was when I made it.  This semester is really going to be a test of patience, hard work, and commitment among all other things.

I have seven classes at school and then another class at the Learning Center (which I normally just call TLC) that is online based. They're all pretty easy classes, course wise, but the homework gets piled up on top of each other is what gets me.

Earth Space (ES) is easy in the sense that the topics we cover in class really interest me.  I don't mind the homework that's assigned because it helps me understand the material and is normally quite easy.

English 3 (E3) is a true test of patience.  Being in a class with juniors really has me wanting to bang my head against my desk every day.  Not only is the maturity level slightly different (or in the case that is my class, a lot different) but the teacher is different than I remember. I can't wait until we finish this editorial paper and start working with The Great Gatsby. I'm more than excited for that to come my way.

Advisory (A) is a twenty five minute class we're required to sit through every day but Wednesday.  It's basically a study hall, and is in my mind quite redundant since I'm more tempted to talk to my friends than actually do homework.

U.S. History and Topics normally we just call it Topics (T) is basically just U.S. History from 1950's to current 2012.  It's not bad, we just do a lot of book assignments, which is starting to get extremely boring. We also just got assigned a book report, which I am entirely too excited to do.

English 4 (E4) not much has changed from last semester, I'm still not sure what I think.  This is by far my most challenging class.

Mathematical Thinking (M) I honestly don't know what the purpose of this class is.  The teacher rambles too much and the kids in the class are extremely annoying and immature. I would rather suffer through Algebra II than sit through this all semester.

American Studies (AS) basically this is just the other half of T, except it's another junior class that I have to make up because of my hip replacement last spring.  Not too terrible of a class, but it's pretty much the same as T.

Algebra II (A2) this is actually been easier and more enjoyable than M has been thus far.  It might be because I'm in a quiet room working by myself and self teaching from the text with help from the teacher.

This past week has showed me how hectic it's going to be this semester.  I was ill the week before for three days so I was still catching up on that and then keeping up with work from this week.  On top of that, we started rehearsals for the mystery dinner theatre on February 4th, so that's going on.  And then, I'm starting a gym routine this week.  It will only get busier too, with college stuff starting I may be taking more trips to Winfield.  I'll start to sort through graduation things. Not to mention when the spring show starts I'll have four rehearsals a week for three to four hours each night.

On top of all this, I'm squeezing in writing time.  I'm trying to write 750 words a day on 750words.com that is also going to be time spent writing on my Secret Book.

Goodness, I rambled, didn't I? That's what happens when I go to the gym, bike five miles in thirty minutes, then go to a youth group meeting for two hours to come home.  I'm extremely tired and I still have a small mountain of homework to accomplish tonight.  The feeling though isn't too bad.  I much rather be busy and overwhelmed than in a terrible amount of pain that I can't control, and be overwhelmed.  A year ago today, I couldn't have been doing everything I am today.

Here's to hoping I'll be seen somewhat soon! And lots of sleep too, if I can fit that in somewhere.

Link of the day: 750words.com It's been helping me pre-write a little bit here and there for my Secret Book. Definitely a good tool to have. I'm challenging myself to write every day in February on the site.

days until MDT: 13
days until Valentine's Day: 23
days until graduation: 117

1 comment: