Wednesday, April 3, 2013

B.E.D.A. 2013: Surreal Moments


I was in Kohl's yesterday when one of my favorite songs by Alex Day came on the speaker system.  What was so crazy wasn't the fact that I started singing along without even realizing what I was doing while shopping, but that when I realized it was Alex Day's song I couldn't believe the feeling of pure happiness I felt.



It's not very often that I hear some of my favorite YouTuber's music being played out IRL (In Real Life), but when I do, I'm beaming with happiness.

I first got into subscribing to YouTubers who made content on a regular basis back in late 2010, early 2011 around the time I had my hip replaced.  There's not much to do that doesn't require a ton of brain power when you're on so much medicine and limited to sitting in bed for most of the day.  Among many YouTubers I found and subscribed to and still interact with in ways of internet, Alex Day is one of them and to this day I have watched every video that he's uploaded on YouTube.

Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camarena both are YouTubers and are racing on The Amazing Race.  I had to explain the YouTube thing to my parents the other night when we were watching Joey and Meghan because they didn't understand how YouTube worked.  I explained to them about how difficult it is to make new and original content for viewers and that in itself can be a full time job.

It made me realize when I was explaining this that the people I watch on YouTube have helped me personally in many ways.  Some of my favorite bands, or artists have been people from YouTube like Luke Conard, Alex Goot, Jason Munday, and Alex day (just to name a small selection).  Their music has at some point in the last couple of years made me relate to it and in turn has impacted my life in some small way.

As Luke Conard says, "music is the most powerful form of magic."

V.E.D.A., Day 3: Completed

No comments: