Sunday, April 7, 2013

B.E.D.A. 2013: My Opinion on Taylor Swift


I feel that because of the nature of this post, I should at least put a warning out.  WARNING: This post expresses some of my views and opinions, you don't have to agree with me.

I've had so many mixed opinions about Taylor Swift.

When I was first introduced to her music years ago when I was in middle school, I loved her so much.  She was a young country artist just trying to make it big with something she loved doing.

Slowly, over the years Swift has changed my mind about her.  Part of it is probably of me growing up and forming sound opinions about certain things. Also, that Swift herself is older and has taken certain paths in her life for her own reasons.

Today, I now can explain, or at least get the general point of why I dislike Swift at times, and at others can tolerate her.

The most recent songs of Swift that I've heard include 22, I Knew You Were Trouble and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together Again have been on the pop radio stations that I occasionally listen to. I don't mind them, (with the exception I Knew You Were Trouble, I just can't stand listening to that one) and I often find myself singing along.

The problem: even though most of Swift's newer songs are only being played on non-country stations, she's still be heavily considered to be country.

What?

Why?

I don't mind Taylor Swift's music.  I just have a problem of branding music the wrong way when it doesn't fit the genre that it's supposedly in.

And yes, considering yesterday's post about how I view today's country music could mean that this could just be a new step for country...but I seriously don't even think we're any where near that point.

Right. Glad I've got that out of my system now.

To each their own.

B.E.D.A. Day 7: Completed


No comments: