Monday, December 26, 2011

update: moving status

I started packing last night.  I managed to pack all of my books up, all in one box, because my personal library isn't that big.  I also got most of my desk stuff packed up too.  And then, in a box all by itself, I have all of my Harry Potter things.

We, and by "we" I mean my mom, started making calls today about getting internet out at the house.  When we moved out in May we cancelled our internet out there because my dad has absolutely no need for it, and the cable we have was a separate company.  Well, we found a new provider that looks promising.  Which is great and all, but they won't be out until January 5th, next Thursday, to install all the stuff and get us up and running.  Bad news though, our Cox services are getting disconnected this Friday. So that's six days I won't have internet access; which is going to be a bit rough because I'm always online it seems, but I'll just play like we're camping. I'll read my books and do some writing before the new semester starts.

This all of course, is why I'm queuing up several blog posts since I was already planning the next couple of weeks out, I guess I'll just schedule posts.

Tomorrow I'm going out to the house and cleaning all day, which will be good because there's still a lot to do before we execute Operation Move Day 2.  I'll be by myself for most of the day, since my dad has doctor appointments all day in Wichita; but that's just quality time with my dogs.

I'll be tweeting though, with or without internet via my phone.

1 comment:

Sarah Tokeley said...

Just think of all the reading - and writing - you'll be able to do without the distraction of the internet :-)