Monday, September 26, 2011

september update

It seems like a lot of stuff has happened since BEDA ended, and it seems like it's been forever since I really blogged.  As the title would say, this is a bit of an update of all the odds and ends that have happened since BEDA ended, initially just a rundown of everything that has happened in September thus far and what is happening the last week of the month that I may not get around to sharing for a while.

Side note, these probably aren't in order either, though like anyone would know except the ones who I go to school with.

PART 1

Unfortunately, I fell behind in Doctor Who. *cries* I'm like three weeks behind, which really sucks, because I found a lot of secret Whovians at my school who really want to discuss it with me, but I turn and walk away from them because I don't want any more of the plot spoiled than it already has from the interwebs...  And as much as I'd like to say I'd be caught up in the next week or so, that won't happen, because of what else I'm about to say.

PART 2

We finally know what musical we're putting on; Guys and Dolls. So that's a thing now.  Also, I'm no longer doing costumes, and I'll explain this within the week because it's too lengthy of a explanation to put in this post because you'll all get bored and hate me forever, so I'll just post it separately so you can skip the nonsense if wanted.

Since I'm still talking about GaD, I'll mention that Tuesday I auditioned, and then got a call back on Friday.  And then, late Friday night the casting list was posted.  I got cast in chorus....again.  My feelings on this are a bit weird, but I'm excited to be back performing and just being with a show in general.  It's not like I'm going to quit because of it, that's just redonkulous to even think.

Also, rehearsals are four times a week for three hours a night, so blogging time has been cut even shorter as is my free time for nearly everything else.  So if you see me missing on the interwebs, don't worry, I'm still alive, just sleeping, eating, rehearsing, homework and school.

PART 3

Beowulf.

PART 4

I've been working on my college admission application this week, and at first when I started it I was freaking out because I couldn't believe the time had finally come that I was filling out important papers that would affect the rest of my life.  Now, it's like a normal activity around here.  I've got probably five different lists on different things that all tie back into next year.

Also, we've (meaning my mom and I) have been figuring out graduation details since the company that the school goes through came on Thursday and are demanding a down payment of at least $60 by Tuesday for cap and gown and a whole bunch of other crap.  So that's a thing.

PART 5

Currently, our boys are 4-0 for the football season.  Which is really fantastic, because we've got a great team of boys playing this year.  This week is homecoming week, so that's a thing that you'll probably hear about sooner or later. Though, at this rate, probably later if at all.

PART 6

I went to get my back and neck adjusted today at my family doctor's office; and he's really into the intern/med student training stuff, so he nearly always has a med student around his office.  Well, I got stuck with another one today, and normally I hate getting stuck with them because with me, most of the time I have to go through my back story of medical problems, mainly those that are about my hip and ears. But I remembered today that med students have to start some where. And he was a third year, so it's not like he knew nothing at all.  Also, I remembered my friend Taylor who is studying bio at the University of Kansas.

He, the med student, I don't remember his name, was actually quite better than I expected.  He even poked fun at the fact that he's the stereotypical short Asian man when he had to go get a step stool from the other room so he could get more height when he popped my upper back.


days until ACT: 25
days until the fall musical: 49
days until I become an adult: 103
days until graduation: 234

2 comments:

Naaaathan said...

I love that Beowulf has its very own segment :P

Don't worry I've fallen behind on the Doc too, but I have sworn to myself that by at least the end of this week I'll be caught up.
even if I have to have a mini-Doctor-Who-marathon
Yay! n_n

Jessica Ruud said...

Love the countdown :)

Yay for almost graduating...well 234 days ;)

xo.