Thursday, September 22, 2011

10DYC: three movies

This was quite possibly the easiest one to do, just for the fact that I have three favorite movies, and I just can not chose a favorite of the three.  My reasons behind why I love them so much, well, they're a bit difficult to explain.

1. The Great Debaters

Besides the fact that I love debate, I love this movie because of the historical references that they included.  The acting is just fantastic and I can simply watch this movie over and over again. Plus, it's a Harpo film, if that counts for anything.  Another one of my favorite quotes comes from this movie, and it's also currently at the top of this blog.

"We do what we have to do,
so we can do what we want to do."

2. Soul Surfer

I first saw this movie with my youth leader and one of my friends from church when it first came out in theatres.  I didn't really know what to expect going into the movie, but I had an open mind about it.  I remember at one point, crying during the movie and I still do at the same part.  I love this movie because I feel a connection to the story line, it has also explained things to me that no one has been able to do.

Sidenote: we're actually doing a bible study group over this movie in our church youth group.
The outline for the group is supposed to last until the end of December if I remember correctly.
Once we finish the study over this movie, I'll write a full review over it and explain exactly 
what I thought about it.


2. The Ultimate Gift

I can't even begin to explain this one.  I can say that I cry, without doubt, every single time I watch it.  I also have a form of a connection to this story line as well, though in a slightly different sense.  I seriously can't even explain my reasons why I love this movie because they're so complex that my brain hasn't even completely comprehended them.

Today is awesome because tomorrow is Friday!

days until ACT: 29
days until the fall musical: 53
days until I become an adult: 107
days until graduation: 238



No comments: