Wednesday, March 9, 2011

it's a choice

I thought I'd first start this blog post out by saying that this topic has really had me thinking over the last couple of days, and I've put off writing this blog about it because I wanted to give it a great deal of thought. I had to stop in the middle of cleaning to write this, I couldn't stand it any longer.

Recently I have been kind of obsessed with Youtube, and I've been subscribed to Kathy's channel, jsutkissmyfrog. I've found her to be a great person to just watch and she's so beautiful and has a wonderful voice.  A few days ago, she posted a new video up titled, In Defence Of Make Up - Beauty Ethics for the Unconvinced.


I watched the video, and it dawned on me, that it's completely true.


You, yourself has the choice of how you act and how you are perceived to others.  If you come off as a very serious and uptight person, you are the one to blame for that.  You have let yourself become that person.  I agree, that it is also up to you to change.  There isn't another person who can make you change, you have to have the will power and say, "Hey, this needs to stop and change." You've got to be the one to get the ball rolling so to speak.


Watching that video definitely gave me a lot to think about.  And, it's definitely helped me personally.  I've recently been looking at life in a different way since I undergone my hip replacement surgery and how that in it's self was and has changed my life.  I've let myself become a loving person who bites of more than she can chew. I've been a messy person for...forever, my room is a mess, like a tornado has gone through it cross your fingers, that just because I used this as a literary example, we won't have tornadoes tonight.... I'm a procrastinator. Probably the world's LARGEST procrastinator.  I've had the new push in my mind to make myself change, or at least work on some things. For example, I'm cleaning my room today, and since I've been spending so much time in here since my surgery, I feel that it will also help in my journey to make myself a bit better of a person.


I know I'm going to have difficulties with this personal quest I've given myself, but I know I can do it.  I remember a bit over a year ago, I went to a youth convention type thing for church.  I was a bit apprehensive to go because I had no idea where I stood with my faith. I knew there was something, but I just wasn't for sure what I felt. I felt that I was an outsider at first that weekend, because I didn't know the Bible like some of the other kids, I felt like I didn't know God.  Saturday night a pastor who had come to guest speak changed my life, helped me see what I wanted to be apart of, God's family.  I learned that weekend, that even if you weren't a Christian by birth, it didn't mean you couldn't be a Christian, it was a choice that you had decide. I had already labeled myself a Christian by that weekend, but that weekend onward, it made me feel like I really wanted to put in the effort and really be a Christian.


I highly suggest, if you're still reading this, that you check out that video, and even the rest of Kathy's channel.  There's a chance that she could get you thinking and maybe give you the urge to change some things around in your life. Hard habits are hard to break, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

No comments: