Tuesday, March 1, 2011

new found annoyance

First off, I'd like to start this blog entry saying that this is the first blog post in like a month, and the first post with a new hip...

_______________

I've already figured out, in the two weeks and counting of having a new hip, a hip that is...well not deformed and crappy like my previous natural this sounds weird, I know, but it makes total sense to me.... hip that I have to do things differently than I did before my hip replacement.  And I know that some of the stuff is just due to lack of mobility I have because I'm still learning and training my muscles to do things all over again, but there is stuff that I have to do differently than before in order to help protect my hip so that it will last the some odd 25 years that it's supposed to last... And of course, things feel different.  For instance, before my hip replacement, I walked with a limp because my right leg was slightly shorter by a couple of inches.  Now, I feel like my legs are the same length and that my hips are finally leveled.  And a plus with this is, my back no longer hurts as badly as it had...

The one thing that has me slightly worried, and very annoyed, is that I still do have a bit of a limp.  Granted, it is no where NEAR as bad as it was before.  I'm trying to keep it positive, telling myself that it's just because I'm not used to putting weight on that leg, and that in time I will evenutally be able to walk without a limp, but there is always that small part of me that argues and disagrees I am a debater, so that doesn't work in favor of myself in anyway...

I've decided though, tonight, that even if my limp never goes away, as long as it's not causing me the pain that I experienced before, and that I can live a productive life; I won't care about the slight limp.  It'll make me unique.

...and for those haters out there, just be warned, I might be using a walker right now, but I can move pretty damn fast. So watch out...


No comments: