Sunday, October 30, 2011

water creatures

I've always heard the familiar "You eat your favorite animal?!" phrase since about third grade when we were once asked our favorite animal, my response was fish; and then asked our favorite food, also fish.  I couldn't help but think about how much I really do love fish and other water creatures today as I was cleaning out Ducky's (my fish) tank that I had neglected for far too long since school started consuming my life 24/7, which might I add was inspired by a random trip to Petco with my dad yesterday where we both spent at least 20 minutes if not longer looking at the fish, turtles and frogs.

Eating my favorite animal aside, I really do find water creatures quite interesting.  I think it's the novelty of living in water that interests me the most.  I mean, that's our greatest difference, I live above ground with fellow humans and other above-ground-inhabitant creatures, and fish along with other water creatures live in water.  Basically, what I'm trying to say is that things that aren't normal to me and how I live really interest me.  Like other cultures from around the world.  I mean, how would it be different for you personally if you lived or grew up in Germany, or Vietnam? What would it be like to be a fish or other water creature?

Although, don't let this make you think I've always love water animals, fish especially.  When I was about five, at my Grandpa's in Branson, Missouri, we were fishing on the bank of the lake behind his house.  I was fishing with my little pink fishing rod my dad had bought me when they found out my mom was having a girl.  As soon as I felt a tug on the line I threw the pole on the ground and ran to the house.  It's taken me years to get so obsessed with fish.

Anyway, this was just a little something that was on my mind today, although I didn't really intend to share that specific story with you all because to me it's kind of embarrassing now, considering how much I love fishing...

I'll be blogging tomorrow about my preparations for all things November to help stay organized in what is definitely my busiest month of the year.

Today is awesome because: I think Ducky and I are on better terms now that I've properly started to care for him again.

current location: organized desk in the freezing bedroom
days until NaNoWriMo begins: 1
days until the fall musical: 18
days until I become an adult: 69
days until graduation: 202

No comments: