Monday, October 17, 2011

simplicity

I had quite an interesting trip yesterday to the laundromat, though normally it is usually always an interesting trip because of the interesting people there is that show up.  But yesterday was different because I actually got a lot of stuff done.  By a lot of stuff done I mean, procrastinating my revisions and homework for school...  I blogged, yeah at the laundromat; read some headlining articles over at the Washington Post, read some blogs, and of course did my laundry.

What really made yesterday an interesting day at the laundromat though wasn't that I got things accomplished, but because I had an enormous amount of clothes to wash for the week when I only went to school one full day and part of another. I mean, I also had rehearsals, which I wore my sweats to; but I couldn't figure out why I had so many clothes to wash.  That in itself isn't why my trip to the laundromat was interesting.

I got to thinking, how many t-shirts I own, because let's be honest, I will automatically pick a t-shirt and jeans or t-shirt and sweats over anything else; so I've got a pretty large collection of t-shirts.  Of those t-shirts, I tend to only wear maybe ten or so most of the time.  I have three pairs of jeans, three sets of athletic shorts, and one pair of sweats (that actually fit me properly) that I wear.  Compared to my friends' wardrobes, I have the most simplistic wardrobe of them all.

There's no doubt that I prefer Twitter over Facebook.  Because of simplicity.  Twitter is just so much more simple than Facebook, and I really like that fact about it.  It's easy to use and generally doesn't make me confused.  Speaking of Twitter, I now have a new Twitter account, so follow @Nerdfighter12 to keep up with me and other things blog related!

Also, I'll eat nearly anything.  Which makes it easy for my mom since she doesn't that majority of the cooking in the family.  If I'm rushed on time to eat, I don't care what it is, I'll eat it.  I'm definitely not someone who enjoys big fancy expensive dinners, so much so, I would probably say that would be a DON'T if you took me on a date.

I guess what I'm getting at, is sometimes it's good to have one part of your life that's really simple and easy so that you don't have to worry about yet another thing.  I'm pretty detailed in the things I do normally, so it's nice to just have something really simple in my life that I can just do and get on with the day.

Today is awesome because: it's really feeling like fall now, plus we have the day off from school; also, I'm bringing back "why today is awesome".

Current location: very messy desk/sewing table
days until ACT:  4
days until the fall musical: 30
days until I become an adult: 81
days until graduation: 214

No comments: