Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to 2013

At the beginning of the semester I had a sit down with my academic advisor and he asked me if I had any goals for the next few years. I told him honestly I didn't have a clue what I was going to do with my life.  It was then that he told me I needed to start figuring some sort of goals out.

As I welcome 2013 into my life, I'm not going to give myself a set of resolutions. Instead, I'm giving myself a set of goals that I can look back on throughout the year.  Goals are made to motivate someone to do some sort of achievement.  Not all goals are met, but they can be changed and worked on as time goes on.

So, with that being said, here is my list of goals for 2013.

  • turn in every assignment; on time
  • be more honest with others and myself
  • commit to things - don't be afraid to say no if it's too much to handle
  • laugh more often
  • do a walk for charity event
  • spend less time thinking about what could go wrong and just live
  • learn how to ride a bike
  • put education first - everything else isn't as important as my future, I'm in charge of it
  • slow down and enjoy life
  • forgive those who have wronged me
  • read the books I want - give honest feedback
  • say "I love you" to those I love more often
  • go to church on a regular basis during the weekend - spend more time with scriptures during the week
  • travel to western Kansas to see my cousins
  • use my car less often - in general decrease CO2 emissions whenever possible
  • plan to travel to all the places in Kansas I've wanted to visit - including Mount Sunflower
  • go to the zoo for the day and take pictures
  • conquer a fear
  • go on a hike
  • chase some storms
  • go on a road trip
  • write whenever possible - about all things
  • stop apologizing for being myself
  • have an exercise routine
  • take more pictures - enjoy the moment and capture it
  • write more letters - via snail mail
  • plan days for no social networking or internet
  • climb the 77 steps more often
  • eat when hungry - say no to cafeteria meals if not
  • get boater safety license
  • make the library my home again
  • spread the word about young hip replacement patients - share my story
If I can accomplish everything on this list, and then some, I'm sure that 2013 will be a fantastic year.

- Jessie

No comments: