Monday, May 16, 2011

a different town

For all of my 17 years of life, I have lived out in the country, on the same property around the same neighbors.  This past week, my mom and I moved into town into a two story, with a basement, house that had been modified into apartments.  We're on the main floor, and it's really quite nice here, so nice, I've given the place a name; the Nest.  The Nest sits besides the road that bends around from the railroad down to main street.  Let's just say there's so much traffic that I can't even count the number of cars I see, or the trains that pass.  So much traffic, I like to sit on the front porch and wave at people as they pass by.  I'm thinking about making cookies or something and when the trains come by and the cars are all backed up in front of the Nest, go sell them for fifty cents each...but that involves a city permit or something too much work for a simple act of awesome.

Anyway, this is day three of staying in the Nest and there's just so much new stuff.  The sounds are so different from living out in the country.  Instead of hearing birds and wind, now I hear cars and trains.  Really, that's about it, aside from the three birds that were playing outside one of my bedroom windows, and the occasional crappy car that clunks it's way around the road.

I'm about to embark on a journey.  From the Nest down to Main Street to the public libary, walking.  After my hip replacement my surgeon said the best thing to do to that hip is to just walk.  Considering the fact that I enjoy going on walks, and that I wanna do the 5k run/walk that's coming up sometime within the next month, I'm excited to get to walk around the town that I've been passing through and doing various things in for my entire life.  It's practically like it's a new town almost, there's so much "new" things to me.

Oh, and a side note, about two months ago I had started a "50 books in a year" thing, but I lost all my stuff I had written down...which reallly wasn't much.  So I'm starting over, today officially.  And so I won't be losing my stuff, I'll be blogging about it...kind of.  More details within the next days.  Book suggestions are welcomed, I'm always up to try a new book.

No comments: